Hi y’all! So I just got back from a Iligan and Cebu; and yesterday (technically) was the AlDub MEGA cover launch that I was not able to attend to. I reached Manila at around 10:30 in the evening and I was actually planning (believe it or not) to run to SM Aura to catch the second screening (that started at 9pm) but then it would take me 40 minutes to reach the venue according to Waze. So, ano pa ang aabutan ko? I decided to go home and just take a rest! But! There’s a good news!
Okay before you start reading this blog post, I want you to know that I wrote this entry on the first week of October, and the video you’ll see below was made on the last week of September– everything was pretty much all set to publish. But! On October 5th (the day the cover was released), just when I was about to post the entry, my blog decided to malfunction. I wasn’t able to access my blog for two weeks due to some layout issues. I reported the problem to my web host and gladly they were able to fix the logging-in issue. It was reported that the problem started with my blog theme so they had to put everything back to default, as you can see, for me to gain access to my dashboard. Anyway, when I finally got to access my blog, I noticed some posts went missing, including this Making Mega in Morocco draft. I got so pissed and decided not to post an entry about our Morocco shoot anymore. The next day, I reported the problem to my web host again just to check if they could do something about it. And just this evening, before I hop in the plane to Manila, I got an email from them saying they were able to retrieve my missing drafts! Woo hooo! Talk about perfect timing.
And that’s the good news– well, for me.
So here it is! I did not edit the content anymore so what you are about to read is the original draft. (And it might confuse you a bit!) Just imagine you are reading this on the day the cover was released, which was three weeks ago. Oh and forget what happened this evening at the MEGA launch, just act like you haveNO idea about what happened in Morocco–AT ALL.
3..2..1..
And since our MEGA Magazine is finally out in the market, I am glad to share with you the video that I made last week –on the last day of September since I thought Mega will be releasing the magazine on the first day of October. (Which means, naka-standby na itong entry na ito 5 days ago pa, ready to publish na!) But due to a minor problem, Mega had to reschedule the launch of the magazine..but the wait is over–it’s finally here!
img_3995img_3996img_3994img_4012
Oh by the way, happy October y’all! I hope you all had a great September! Going back, I was kind of struggling in making the compilation because I wasn’t able to take lots of videos in Morocco. We went there to work– we were shooting all day– so I didn’t have a chance to go around and document what the city has to offer.
There were three groups who travelled to Morocco for #MakingMegaWithAlDub. The first group/my glam team (Juan Sarte and Celeste Tuviera) along with “the” Mark Nicdao left a day ahead of us. Second group–my group– includes me, my mom, Kuya Michael (my handler) and some from Mega team. Third group was Alden’s group; I think it was just him and Sam (his handler) who flew.
 It took us about 16 hours to reach Morocco (if I am not mistaken) and  I had a really pleasant time inside the plane because I was upgraded from business class to first class– I am a first-class-first-timer!(Thank you Ms. Melanie of Etihad Airways!) Our group arrived at Casa Blanca at around 9 in the morning, while Alden arrived shortly after lunch. We were scheduled to start the shoot in the afternoon so nolakwatsa for us.
We went to Hassan II Mosque first. We weren’t able to take much photos in the area; we also left immediately to respect the Mosque and the people in it. Met some AlDub supporters/ADN in the area, also! Was a bit surprised because I didn’t know there are a lot of Filipinos in Morocco.
Next stop was Rick’s Cafe. Some of you might be familiar with the placeit is a restaurant designed to recreate the bar in the movie classic Casablanca. We stayed there to eat and have some drinks– also to take a couple of shots. (Lol by shots I mean photographs) I’d like to classify those shots as stolen photos in a way.
img_3990img_3984
img_4002
So much love for Mark *hearts* *hearts everywhere*
We left for Marrakesh the next day. Took us about 4 hours bus ride from Casablanca. We stopped at a Camel desert along the way. Rode a camel for the first time and got smacked by a camel for the first time as well. (Seen in the video below!) Nakakatawa, that has got to be the most memorable thing that happened to me in Morocco. I got whacked by a camel right on the face! Nakakatakot siya, bes. It didn’t actually hurt but at that moment I thought my face was about to get munched. Then the caretaker was like“(It was) just a kiss”. Uhm, okay.. that kiss felt like getting hit by a flying frying pan. Kisses are supposed to be soft and sweet–not horrible. Well, I have to conclude that that camel is the worst kisser ever.
img_4001img_3999
And guess what! My ever-loving dinosaur arrived on our second shooting day. I was so glad he didn’t let the Morocco shoot pass. *note sarcasm* I always have the hardest time working with menstrual cramps(I think everybody knows that) I don’t get to function properly and the best thing to do is to just stay in bed all day and cry myself to sleep. We weren’t able to shoot much that afternoon because of my stupid dysmenorrhea. Though I still forced and managed to get myself to function– I had to– and I tried my best to work stoically. I had to bear the pain while shooting outdoor and release the agony inside the bus. So, before everybody sees and comments about how awful and awkward I look in the photos, uunahan ko na.. Please do not mind my mukhang-najjebs/sakit-na-sakit-na-face in the magazine. You have no idea how much pain I had to endure at that moment! (Uhm wait, I think you have? Haha!) Let me commend Alden though for literally lending a helping hand to lessen the pain. Thank you. 🙂
Alden left first thing in the morning on the third day– along with my dinosaur. Yay! So I was able to function properly already! The shoot went great and smooth; too bad it was already during my solo cover shoot. Oh by the way for everybody’s information, Alden and I had more photos taken separately. (For Mega and Mega Man) And fortunately, the only chance we had to shoot together was the day of dino’s grand arrival. Your timing is always perfect, dino. You never fail to ruin things.
img_3992img_3988img_3983img_3982
img_3991img_3998
img_4011
Stealing some shots from the magazine.
Summing it all up, travelling in Morocco is a very different experience from travelling in a Western country. Sadly, we only had a short (4-day) stay so we failed to see the country’s top attractions. Given a chance though, I’d like to go back as a tourist to explore more grandiose places.
Noticed how Morocco is very strict with a lot of things; we had to deal with some issues during our shoot, but gladly we were able to get everything done. We had to do everything quick; we had to move fast and shoot fast. I’d like to describe the experience as adventurous–in a way, but definitely memorable.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Pasasalamat section (LOL):
Thanks very much Sir Juan and Ms. Celeste for making me look like a
Moroccan-ish human being.
To Mark, who never fails to take AMAZING photographs.
To my nanay, who literally never left my side to give assistance and to witness how awkward I am in photoshoots– and for making this shoot even more awkward.
To Alden, for the “helping hand”, as always.
To MEGA, for having AlDub and for the experience.
Lastly, to ADN and to those who bought copies, GRAZIE MILLE. 🙂